Stupid drivers, I was rearended!!

Go down

Stupid drivers, I was rearended!! Empty Stupid drivers, I was rearended!!

Post by scottb on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:09 pm

I decided to start a new thread instead of adding to the Scooter and Driver Thread. Yes I put alot of miles on my company car and see alot, today I wound up involved.
I was approaching a stop sign and although there were no cars coming, I stopped and the car behind me hit me. This guy was carrying on how dumb I was and it was all my fault.
I wish I would have had a camera to take a picture of the officer's face when the guy told him," I don't know why the hell he stopped, there were no cars coming!!" Thats right he told the cop, he hit me because I stopped at the stop sign!!!!!!
I have a 1930 Ford Model A that I love to drive but hardly ever do because of stupid drivers!! When I have my arm out the window, I am using my hands for turn signaling, I am not waving!!!

scottb

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Stupid drivers, I was rearended!! Empty Re: Stupid drivers, I was rearended!!

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:17 pm

I was driving to work on a 4 lane interstate. I was on the 2nd from inside lane, and a taxi got on from the ramp and slowly went over each lane and tried to pull into my suv while his drivers' door was parallel with my rear quarter. What he was thinking of I will never know!

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:40 pm

Years ago I got hit. I live on a strait road. I had a moron that was riding my bumper then he would slow way down. Because of this I put my blinker on a little before I usually do to the house. I was stopped waiting on a car to get passed my drive and the idiot hits me. He has his wife with him and tells the cop he wasn't looking at me because he was looking at my neighbors house. He tells the cop it was all his fault. My wife,daughter and I went to the doctor. I told him and his insurance all I wanted was my car fixed and the 800 in doctor bills paid.

Well they drug it out and I finally asked the insurane company what do I have to do sue? They said go ahead sue us. I had to do that. I explained to our lawyer all I wanted was the 800 for the bills. At the deposition he lied and said we pulled out even though he was behind us for eight miles. He said he was alone. We found out later this guy was a high risk driver. Anyway the cops report filed went along exactly with our story. A few days before the court case our lawyer said I think we are going to have to go to court ,all they want to pay is the 800 bucks. I asked are they going to pay all the doctor bills and your fee? He said yes. I said thats all I asked for. His bill wound up costing them over 5 grand and we got the doctors bill paid off. IT doesn't make sense, all we asked for was 800 and they wound up paying that and probably 10 grand for our and his lawyer. And we wonder why insurance is so high. Don't wait like we did if they give you any lip file a lawsuit ASAP. I don't believe in suing people but sometimes you have to get the court to help you.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisH664 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:02 am

I'd bet the maroon was texting while driving and knowing it's illegal, unsure if it is in Minnesota..if not it should be, made up his lame excuse. Subpoena those cell phone records I say. Kidding of course but might be a course of action if he gets nasty.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:49 pm

If you have a cell phone with a camera jump out and start taking photos from every direction, especially if a light is still green. Your camera will have a time stamp.

In Ky. if you rear end a vehicle it is automatically your fault no matter what the circumstances, even if you are stopped and the car in front of you backs up without looking.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:30 pm

I had to drive 5 miles to my first stop today. At one stop lit intersection with a left turn lane and a right/through lane, a car went up the full right /through lane and turned on his left signal and turned across the left turn lane, cell phone on ear. Then a 4 way stop. the opposing car turned her left signal on then waited 5 seconds before making a right turn, cell phone on ear. Next stop lit intersection with left turn lane and right/through lane. opposing car with rear in right/through lane and front in left turn lane with left signal on. waits through left arrow, makes right turn. Is today national smoke as much dope as you can wrap your carcass around then go driving day? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:53 pm

The other day I was driving in the left lane of a one way street. When I approached an intersection a lady turned left from the right hand lane right in front of me. She was obviously confused and must have thought she was on a two way street. Fortunately my brakes worked better than her brain.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:27 pm

This morning on the road going to work about 10 minutes from my house a fellow got killed on a motorcycle , it sounded like he was going fast and lost it in the curve. They found him after sunrise and he may have been there when I went through. He went off the road so it wouldn't have been seen until the morning. Then tonight coming home in the same area traffic was stopped. There was another wreck in the same area. The only thing I can think of someone was trying to see where the wreck happened earlier and caused another wreck. If I hadn't stopped at lowes for some 2x4s I may have been hit in that mess. People forget how dangerous motor vehicles are.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down