NRI Multitester

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NRI Multitester

Post by hondabones on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Hello all,

I have a National Radio Institute Multitester. This device was used for training oneself to repair old tube radios. Usually an ad was placed in something like "Popular Science Monthly" to sign up for courses and you would build your own test equipment. This tester is one of those. I was wondering if anyone had information on this. I specifically have been trying to find the original build instructions or schematic so that I might repair this beauty.

Thanks

hondabones

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: NRI Multitester

Post by willy3486 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:35 am

Has it got any model numbers or do you have a picture? I might have some I am not sure. You may also do a search for maybe conar I think. Someone jump in if I am wrong but I think some of their stuff was called that.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by hondabones on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:52 am

hondabones

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:36 am

There is some info on it at
http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/nri_electronic_multitester.html#a
It looks to be made in the 50s , I have NRI info from the early 40s and 70s. Maybe someone here is a member of that site and can look there to get the schematic, you might even join it.
I think that some of my manuals I have has the schematics of the tools that came with the course. So if you could pinpoint the year it was you may could get one of the CDs of the course off ebay.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by hondabones on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:47 am

Thanks Willy. I've looked at that site already. The listing says there are no schematics. I've also looked at joining the site. They require money up front before I can even talk to them, even though they say you can try the site out first. I'm not so sure I want to pay for that just to come up with nothing. Also, NRI was founded in 1914, I've seen ads as late as 1955. In theory, any study course from 1914 to 1955 that used this tester would have that info. I've looked at a couple, none had the pages for this tester or any other test equipment. It's confusing. I wish I would have been alive then so I would know what exactly I'm looking for. Slowly I'm getting all the information together. The search goes on I guess. Thanks for your help. I will continue to follow this thread if you or anyone else find any thing out.

hondabones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top