double volume control

Go down

double volume control

Post by chaz on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:46 pm

I have a 1934 majestic model 50 and It has, from what I can tell a double volume control and it is made of carbon and I believe it is cracked. One part of the schematics shows the volume control as 645 ohms and another part of the schematics shows part of the volume control right off the antenna at 10,000 ohms. There are more than three wires coming off the control. Under each of the volume controls in the schematics it says 1/2 of volume control. Do I need the part connecting to the antenna or can I just use another volume control at 645 ohms

chaz

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: double volume control

Post by Johnnysan on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:08 pm

This would be an odd control and you may need to find a junker model 50 to obtain this part.

Johnnysan

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Switcher on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:36 pm

Chaz: what you have there is a TRF radio. That second part of the control is actually a RF gain control.

As the volume was turned up so was the RF gain in the antenna circuit.
I am also trying to find such a control Mine has 1500 ohms in the RF gain section and 11500 ohms for the volume side.
From a 1930 Phonola/Grimms TRF set.

Try this site, I have good luck finding older controls from Gary. Please read instructions carefully. He likely has what you need but it may take you awhile to find it.

Is that a model 50 Majestic USA made or is it a Rogers/Majestic model 50 Canadian made?
Switcher

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down