locked out because I'm trying to change my email

Go down

locked out because I'm trying to change my email Empty locked out because I'm trying to change my email

Post by terrydec on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:48 pm

I thought for a minute that I would be locked out here too.

Here's the story-
For the past two weeks I've been receiving obvious scam emails. On Sunday my email account was hacked and flooded with "mail undelivered" notices. After about 1,500 and counting in five minutes my provider and I decided to shut down my account. I created a new account similar to my old and with the same password. Now some places, like NA and ARF, among others, won't allow me to log in. I can't log in because my information isn't recognized, and I can't re-register because my profile info is "already in use". The ole' catch 22. If I "don't remember my password", which hasn't changed, an email is sent to my old email address, which doesn't exist.

So- Bill, how do I change my email to my new one without losing my ability to log in? My old email was 1terrydecker@insightbb.com.
My new email is terrydecker@insightbb.com without the number 1 in front

You should have seen the hoops I had to jump through to reset my email accounts on my two computers.

It's a lot like having your wallet stolen. EVERY account that I have needs to be changed.
Some fun huh?
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

locked out because I'm trying to change my email Empty Re: locked out because I'm trying to change my email

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:33 pm

I'll let John Bartley know. I copied your post.
Please feel free to post here also.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4413
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

locked out because I'm trying to change my email Empty Re: locked out because I'm trying to change my email

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Terry:
I sent John Bartley a pm at ARF. That's all I can do. I am no longer a moderator there.
Bill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Right- I appreciate it. Sorry I'm late responding. I've been dealing with changing my email everywhere. Yeah, I did get it resolved and I'm getting replies from ARF again, although I have to log in every time. I guess that will resolve itself eventually. However I haven't received notices of these comments. Is there some setting I'm missing.
Thanks again,
Terry
P.S. You are missed at ARF. At least by me.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:17 pm

ON this forum? All you have to do is in your settings make sure you've checked Receive e mail notices.
Thanks. I won't talk about ARF here, but, I appreciate it...
You may pm me on anything elseaout whatever.
Just not in the main forums, please.
I'm glad you were able to get back in there. I sent him the pm right after I left here that night.
Hope you won't quit coming here. We need you, too.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:51 am

what you got to do bill is create a new password the hackers use the same password this is how then can hack the account

if you need help thinking of a new password just ask i can give ideas i kinds have to really make it impossible tohackers this is what i did long ago thank god no troubles yet
antiqueradiobuff
antiqueradiobuff

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Bill, I'm not having troubles. I gave another arf'er some help getting back in. He had to change his e mail address.
No hackers here. Thanks for the offer, anyway.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:38 pm

O OK Your Most welcome here Bill Have an awesome day good luck with the TV set your working on
from your friend Bill
antiqueradiobuff
antiqueradiobuff

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Geez- I hate working on TV's. All that radiation. I had a nice JVC that suddenly went green and yellow, (no red). I tested some parts, resoldered some connections and so on. I finally gave up and got a nice Phillips on Craigslist for free. The girl wanted $25 but HAD to move. I made my move and made out like a champ.
Good Luck.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:17 am

Terry, we sincerely hope you don't forget to come back here often, and, post.
It's good to have you here.
Bill Cahill Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by togermano on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:31 pm

yay terry i am glad your on here Very Happy

togermano

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-08-27

Back to top Go down

locked out because I'm trying to change my email Empty Moved and now need to chang my e-mail address

Post by Steve Myers on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Hello all,
My wife has retired from the U.S.Navy and we have moved to the country of Panama (where the big ditch is). How do I change my E-Mail address? Please give me guidance.

Steve

Steve Myers

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Send Bill or I, a PM with your new email and we will change it.

We have the restriction of changing your Email address to prevent nefarious spammers from changing Emails, for safety reasons.

So Just PM with your new address.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum