is this extremely Rare 45 phonograph

67% 67% 
[ 2 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

Ristaucrat Dial O matic My Bday gift from a dear friend

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:16 pm

my friend gave this to me for a b day gift Very Happy I Treasure it because its really a special one of a kind Very Happy
This for me is the best i think I am happy with it. and will keep it close to me all the days of my life.

The baby I love so dear Very Happy
yes its a phonograph a 45 player but i call it my baby.
Very Happy

antiqueradiobuff

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ristaucrat Dial O matic My Bday gift from a dear friend

Post by Uffda on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:35 pm

That's pretty cool. Never saw one before. Get out the Bryllcreme, roll up a pack of cigs in your T-shirt sleeve,
and find a babe in a poodle-skirt who knows how to stroll and you are all set.

-Phil

Uffda

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by kdtbird on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:26 am

If it is anything like the Restaucrat jukebox it's a pretty cheesy machine. On the other hand, there is something cool about them. I have seen a coulpe of the jukes but never the player. Good score!

kdtbird

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Thu May 01, 2008 10:31 pm

well I must say its not cheesey at all However its an awesome machine a friend in the Blue Hills of Va is restoring it for me

I cant wait till i get her back Ill play all my doo wop records on her Ill sit back and relax and enjoy Very Happy
antiqueradiobuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:55 am

Wow, what an awesome birthday gift that was. I wish I had one of these, which are extremely rare.

Back to top Go down

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:52 am

Very Happy Thanks Moses It Is Now In the hands of a restorer Tony Via From arf he is restoring it for me when I get it back I will be Playing some Doo Wop on it
Thanks for the reply
Bill sheneette
Tube Radio Forum Mod
antiqueradiobuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:47 am

Nothing better than some Blue Moon or Heartaches by The Marcels.

Back to top Go down

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:29 am

Very Happy [b] Yes I do Agree I may or may Not have those
antiqueradiobuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:16 pm

The Ristaucrat like yours that was in mahogany on eBay just sold for $510. I wanted it but that was too much $$$ for a record player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:59 am

I'm the one restoring this machine for Antiqueradiobuff. Its been a long restoration due to health problems and locating parts and information but am making progress. I'll keep everyone posted when i have something new to share.
-Tony
Tony V

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Those are in no way ``cheesey`` if you have one that seems ``cheesey`` then ITS NOT RESTORED correctly No

I have 3 of these in different forms . One just like the one presented here and one in a long box , an early form of portable DJ type box with a mike input .

The other is a small jukebox that takes nickles . This restoration took a lot of doing . I had to change a couple design flaws to get in 100% .
This picture was in `as found ` condition . It`s now looking great and works flawless

Ken g

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Ken, I'd like to see the finished product. The Ristaucrats are rare, and I've seen one in person and had a chance to buy it, but the guy wanted $300 for it and it was too rich for my blood at the time. I since called him and told him I'd take it, then he backed out and decided he wouldn't sell it. It's just as well...I don't know where one would get parts for these things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:56 am

I will try to make a new picture ( its rough on dialup ) The finished product looks about the same other than the whole thing is a bit more shiney . I cleaned it up real good and added a couple coats of lacquer .

Last year i saw one of these exact jukeboxes in working condition on ebay finish for just over 300$ . It was part of someones estate auction and not the garage junk .

Rare as in you dont see very many of them but i dont ever recall seeing any of it bring big bucks on ebay anyway ... but i have not tried looking it up lately .

I do believe however my goofy looking DJ box unit may be somewhat scarce ? i went looking all over the net on Ristoucrat and found sites but not one of these DJ units .

Ken g

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:02 am

It's interesting how that mechanism will pick up the entire stack of records and return them to the top of the spindle, so you can play the 45s over and over. I believe the Ristaucrat is the only player that will do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:52 pm

Yes ... i didnt know about that untill after i got my first one just like Phils there . Found it at a yard sale around here for 25$ . Its blond too and almost new looking .

The thing about these is they have a radio too . You can set that dial to play a chosen number of records and when done with the last the record part stops and the radio goes on .
It has 2 volume controls . One bad thing about their design is when it off the idler tire is sitting against the motor and when not played for days it gets a dent in it .

My pictured jukebox has no radio and no selector of any kind . You just get the next record that drops . It can be set for 1 or 2 plays for 5c .

Ken g

Back to top Go down

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:17 am

also another bad ting tony via was welling me is that the gears are all pot metal and break very easily I had to purchase a good phono for parts some time ago so he could use them to fix mine
antiqueradiobuff

Back to top Go down

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:45 pm

Thanks to Tony and the Great Job hes has done I Greatly Appreciate all the work he has done Hes such a Wonderful guy whom goes out of his way to help a friend I greatly Appreciate all that you have done Tony
May God Bless You allways and Much Thanks Very Happy
antiqueradiobuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down