August finds

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

August finds - Page 2 Empty Re: August finds

Post by Vintage Tunes on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:03 pm

I bought a working 1966 LaCrosse model 64-8 recently: August finds - Page 2 1-6
works great all the way around. 50 bucks never tasted so good.

~jeff~

Vintage Tunes

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Now that was a steal!!

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:31 am

I love that Pepsi machine!! If I had the room I would love to have one,maybe one of the old ones that are rounded over or a water cooled one. I just don't have any room for one. I would love to have the sign part and make a case for it. Put a light behind it and put it on my workshop wall. I have a lighted do not cross sign, the green light and cover for a turn signal and a few other things on the back burner.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliot Ness on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Eliot Ness wrote:Here are some miscellaneous radio pins I've picked up so far this month. The first one is a Dick Tracy Secret Service Patrol Pin by Parisian Novelty Co. Chicago (a genuine pin, not a repro).

The second one is a Langendorf Bread Phantom Pilot Patrol Pin; can't find out much info on that radio show, but I think it was a regionally broadcast show on the west coast with Howard Duff's (supposedly) first starring role. I'd sure welcome any more info on this show.

The third is a pretty cool gold Magnavox 15 year service pin with the famous horn/lion logo. Philcolynn picked up two of these and was kind enough to sell me one.

The fourth is a Wonder Bread badge from WJR; my dad worked for Wonder Bread for almost 40 years so that is some nostalgia for me with a radio (WJR) tie in.

August finds - Page 2 PinsTemp

The last one, the Space Pin, I know nothing about. I bought it because I liked the SF theme and it was cheap. If anyone knows if this pin was from a radio/tv program, comic, etc. I'd sure like to know.

Edit: I just fround out from Rocketeer that it is a knockoff pin from the Rocky Jones Space Ranger show:

http://thesecretsquadron.blogspot.com/2012/07/rocky-jones-space-ranger-pin-repro-1970s.html

http://www.mst3ktemple.com/rockyjones.html

John
Eliot Ness
Eliot Ness

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:50 pm

I finally have an august find. It is pictured below as it appeared at the beginning of the month when I had ordered a new cap to replace it. While waiting, I had a skin growth removed and the incision became infected which felt like a case of the shingles for 3 weeks. That caused a reaction with a med I was taking and I lost the use of my wrists and 1 upper arm for a day. As that infection was finishing up, I got a sinus infection and a 102 degree fever. My doctor prescribed an antibiotic for it, and I found I had developed an allergy to it. It set my skin on fire and I looked like a lobster for two days. I started to feel better yesterday and today replaced that cap and one other for GP's on the device. They were a lot easier to do than removing and replacing the device, which is the engine control module on my Mustang GT. It has been running eratically and was more sluggish and subdued than it should be. The difference has been like night and day! It runs like a new car and it now moves like a sports car, All for under $10. The ECM's run around $195. At this point, I'll Take at least one win! Smile

August finds - Page 2 P1000270l

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2