Jackson 115 Dynamic Tube Tester

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jackson 115 Dynamic Tube Tester

Post by Guest on Tue May 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Hello all, I have this rusted (but maybe can restore to use) Tube tester. I also have a Sencor Mighty Might TC154 that I intend to use. I want to part out the Jackson but before I go down that road, is there anything special about it that would cause me to not "part it out"? The surface rust is pretty bad. The scroll sheet looks in pretty good shape but the window for it is all yellowed and hard to see through.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Re: Jackson 115 Dynamic Tube Tester

Post by Resistance is Futile on Tue May 08, 2012 5:07 pm

The window can be replaced with sheet plastic from a place like Michael's Hobby/art store. Also a lot of clear plastic is found with kids toys, although the flat window type is usually in boxed dolls and such.

Surface rust can be removed with elbow grease and Naval Jelly- It contains Phosphoric acid which needs to be handled with care and safety protection. This project would show how determined you are to go to work on details of repairing electronics. It can be a Jumping board and enhance your repair skills when working with radios. If you do a good job you could drum up some business for other tube tester, because a lot of guys and girls collect, but don't repair.
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 976
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Jackson 115

Post by Guest on Tue May 08, 2012 6:09 pm

OK, I understand, but what about my question? Is there something about the Jackson that makes it unique? I already have the Sencore Mighty Might TC154. I do not feel that I will need both.

Steve
KJ4SLK

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Tue May 08, 2012 6:48 pm

The Jackson will test the older type tubes, 4 pin, 5 pin and Loctal tubes.

Will the Sencore Mighty Might? I don't know as I am not familiar with it.

Some comments have been made that the Mighty Might checks all tubes as good. This would make me dubious of relying on it solely for tests,
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 976
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Jackson 115

Post by Guest on Tue May 08, 2012 8:36 pm

OK, Got to put my thinking cap on! Thanks for the info.

Steve
KJ4SLK

Back to top Go down

Jackson 115

Post by Guest on Thu May 10, 2012 5:32 pm

We all, I have been talked into keeping and restoring the Jackson 115. It is pretty rusted up inside so I will have to clean it up alot! I can not find any docs or even a scmatic for it. Does anyone have a source, or Idea where I can fine it?

Steve
KJ4SLK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top