Punished for doing well.

Go down

Punished for doing well. Empty Punished for doing well.

Post by scottb on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:50 pm

I know I am going to RANT!!!!
Paid my house off 6 months ago, got my property tax evaluation for next year and it went up 17 THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! I live in a 3 bedroom rambler with a finished basement, 1400 sq feet!! I am definatly going to contest it!!!
There are many houses for sale and isn't there a mortage crisis. I know a cable guy and he is doing 20 disconnects a week, all at new 4-500k houses with SUVs snowmobiles boats, and campers in the driveway.
I wonder if their taxes went up and how much. Here is a idea lets tax me to bail them out!!!!
I cannot believe I between my wife and I we have just over 700 dollars a week taken in state, federal, medicare, and social security taxes. which does not include healthcare insurance. We also have to pay in 1400 dollars to the IRS this year.
Polititions keep saying tax the rich, well it has gone far enough where there are not enough rich people to pay the tax so now the middle class is considered rich.
We are not rich just live within our means and only borrowed money to buy houses and then paid off early.
It is just scary that the people who are responsible are getting taxed to death and the incentive to work hard to get ahead is slowly going away. I could get a lower paying job with less responsibility and my take home pay really would not change very much.
What we need is a business person to run the country as most businesses cannot run in debt forever!!!!
With that I am thankful I have a job I like, a roof over my head, and my paid for 1973 Bethany pop up camper!!!!

scottb

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Punished for doing well. Empty Re: Punished for doing well.

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:23 pm

Actually Much has changed its not the middle class any more
it your either wealty or poor I am dirt poor happy to have my health I hope Physcial tmrroq 4/5/08 and Happy to live with my mom were on a fixed income but
my brother helps out a lil bit
i just do not know what to say
antiqueradiobuff
antiqueradiobuff

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Punished for doing well. Empty Death and Taxes

Post by bill alexander on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:53 pm

I feel your pain..is that not what our last Democrat said as President, well this is
getting old and its starting to ruffle a few feathers...we are taxed at every turn..hidden taxes,,,excise tax...Fed Tax..State Tax...Local Tax..Sin Tax..energy Tax
Gas Tax...Good God we now workone quarter of the year for the taxes..They tax your earnings..they tax you when you spend it..and when you die the take a cut of
your estate before your family gets it...I love the liberals they call rich people 50k
a year..they have spent trillions of dollars on the War on Poverty..Foreign Aid and
all their social programs..and who are the Poor?...the one working from pay check to
pay check playing by the rules..and paying all the bills for the Liberals...Did we not start a revolution over high taxes?...I say we vacate all the seats in Congress and
start over Evil or Very Mad
bill alexander
bill alexander

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by exray on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:40 pm

My house insurance goes up annually on a pre-determined percentage because real estate never goes down (haha). Ok, thats great. But what happens when it does go down?

Ok, not a big deal on insurance costs....maybe $100 bucks.

But property values in some areas have taken such a big hit recently. Raise your hand if you have heard of property taxes going down because of this! My house is on the books at $5700 value because they haven't done a re-evaluation since the ice-age. And under $15k is exempt. Smile But yeah, the hammer is going to fall someday. My 1986 Isuzu Trooper is vehicle-taxed now on $5300 value and INCREASES annually. Go figure, sumfin is bass-ackwards.

My Dad was telling me 20 years ago that his tax bill alone had become MORE than his mortgage+tax when he bought his house in 1959. Needless to say he has moved out of the city.

Aargh...I'm in the midst of preparing my tax forms. Anybody that thinks Puerto Ricans don't pay into the Federal system might want to check with me. Ouch!
exray
exray

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by exray on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:10 pm

...Good God we now workone quarter of the year for the taxes....and who are the Poor?...the one working from pay check to
pay check playing by the rules..

My stepson, recently reached 21, living in/out of home for the past year. Made 14750 at a minimum wage job by busting ass, working long OT hours, to get his money. Had his own place for 6 months of the year, pays $100/mo for a whizzbang cellfone because thats the thing (don't even start me on that), has a POS car that he throws money at faster than payments for a new Lexus (don't start me on that either).

Its his first year to file and he's got to cough up $500 more. Try to explain that to a kid who works at minimum wage. They deducted based on his base salary and now he has to be slapped in the pocketbook-face for working so hard. Well, sure, tell the employer to start taking out $20 additional per week from now on and that is being done but the whole scheme can really sour the work ethic. I remember when I was younger, a raise could be a decrease if it pushed you over a percentage bracket.

Thats life. I've spent enough years in shithole Third World countries to APPRECIATE the privilege of paying taxes and getting something in return. Its hard, its never fair, it could be worse.
exray
exray

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug K. on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:03 am

This country is being overrun by the poor, coming here in droves to escape criminal governments., Unfortunately, there are way too many of them and they are overtaxing the system --Us!. This will cause an everincreasing backlash against illegal immigration and lower our standard of living as we have known it. All this happens as our government does NOTHING because it might offend certain people..
Doug K.
Doug K.

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:48 pm

I feel your pain, but Even with all thats wrong. I feel we are in the best place on earth. Try thinking about India, Bosnia, Iraq, Iran or Israel. We have it MADE. IMHO Very Happy
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 921

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis in Houston on Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:39 pm

Compared to other countries, I suppose we do have it "made".
But we also have fought a Revolution, a civil war, 2 world wars and several other wars to have it "made".
Then our wonderful Federal government taxes us to give it to them.
They call it Foreign Aid. Then there is "domestic aid" in the form of SSA and Section 8 Entitlements.
I own a home in a neighborhood that has lots of rent properties.
I see these section 8 renters with nothing better to do than raise children for the government and wait on their direct deposit. The land lords love it because the government sends the rent check directly to them. They do not have to go to the rent house to collect the rent.

My wife and I work 45-50 hours a week each, while these people stay at their government paid rent houses and case the homes of all the working residents. Then one day, after a really bad day at work, you come home to a broken window/door and your stuff is gone.
Our FITW is 31% plus 6.2% SS plus 1.45% MC. That is 38.65% taken out before we ever see a dime. Add in 8.25% in sales taxes, plus school taxes, property taxes and we see over half of our gross taken by the government entities. We figure it takes us until August before we keep what we have earned.

The middle class in this country is being bled to death. One day, there will be no more middle class and we will be just like Mexico and other crap hole countries. Sadly, by design, I think.

Congress has and the past three Presidents have let us down.

I never thought I would miss Nixon.

Dennis in Houston

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by RUBBERCHICKEN on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:15 am

scottb wrote:I know I am going to RANT!!!!
Paid my house off 6 months ago, got my property tax evaluation for next year and it went up 17 THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! I live in a 3 bedroom rambler with a finished basement, 1400 sq feet!! I am definatly going to contest it!!!
There are many houses for sale and isn't there a mortage crisis. I know a cable guy and he is doing 20 disconnects a week, all at new 4-500k houses with SUVs snowmobiles boats, and campers in the driveway.
I wonder if their taxes went up and how much. Here is a idea lets tax me to bail them out!!!!
I cannot believe I between my wife and I we have just over 700 dollars a week taken in state, federal, medicare, and social security taxes. which does not include healthcare insurance. We also have to pay in 1400 dollars to the IRS this year.
Polititions keep saying tax the rich, well it has gone far enough where there are not enough rich people to pay the tax so now the middle class is considered rich.
We are not rich just live within our means and only borrowed money to buy houses and then paid off early.
It is just scary that the people who are responsible are getting taxed to death and the incentive to work hard to get ahead is slowly going away. I could get a lower paying job with less responsibility and my take home pay really would not change very much.
What we need is a business person to run the country as most businesses cannot run in debt forever!!!!
With that I am thankful I have a job I like, a roof over my head, and my paid for 1973 Bethany pop up camper!!!!

cyclops 17 THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! thats what your taxes are or what the house is valued at ? if they ran my tax up i would tell them to stick the house in there ASSES REAL QUIK and go on a permanet camping trip our polititions are all no good worthless ass crooks the econemy is unreal
RUBBERCHICKEN
RUBBERCHICKEN

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:14 am

i think they upped his property valuation 17k more than previous not upped his tax 17k

we had a 1978 bethany camper , nice popups
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by scottb on Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:39 am

They say the value of my house went up 17k find it strange we are in a housing slump. No mortage problems here as the house is paid for but if this continues my taxes and insurance will be like a house payment and I cannot deduct it.

scottb

Back to top Go down

Post by scottb on Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Well I sent my checks to both state and federal. Did I pay for Hillorys drink????
In Minnesota I had to pay to mail the check one place and the return another
Sorry to say I am sick to death of it, If they want green, let me save enough to replace my windows, I waste 30% a year, only have 4.5k saved to pay cash and want to have more in case of a problem.
Oh well give it away

scottb

Back to top Go down

Post by tallboy on Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:40 am

200 years ago (plus or minus a few) the french nobility were brought to account--they never dreamed it could happen--they were wrong--our so called leaders "could??" learn a lesson from history, and in learning it, just possibly save their necks--
that one action by the french people is the "only" thing that they ever did that i approved of<grin>--

now i'd better go out and keep watch for the men in dark suits and glasses--they're sure to show up after reading the above--

TB

tallboy

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum