Banned on ARF

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Banned on ARF - Page 2 Empty Re: Banned on ARF

Post by terrydec on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:31 pm

I like this site and now that I've bookmarked it I'm sure I'll spend more time here.
But I still participate in ARF. There were times I'd stop posting for awhile 'cause of many of the reasons posted here. But I've also made very good friends on ARF. There were a couple of posts I made about physical problems. Someone would post something derogatory and a bunch of people would jump in and support me. I've had people offer to help me with money, (which I refused), things,(same thing), and a lot of moral support. There are a couple of members that I communicate with outside of the forum. It's funny, but I've always thought that if we actually met in the flesh we'd hate each other, but ya never know. I have a couple of people there I call my "detractors". I won't name names, but one has "an" in it. There are three forum sites that I consider leaders in the online electronics community- Here, which has a warm snuggly feel. ARF, which is more of a general community and like any community has nice and not so nice people, and NA. Na is VERY clinical and the nastiest comments I've had were from some of those members. However, in all fairness there are great members there also. I've had a couple of radios fixed for free if I got stuck.

I guess what I'm saying is that anytime you have a public forum you're inviting the public to participate, and some of them don't play well with others.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:22 pm

One guy basically ruined the place .

It would be nice to see more people responding to the other topics here , post finds , tell storys , share stuff . I see alot of ''looks'' at this topic . It would be nice to see them directed to all other topics .

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:00 pm

I agree, Ken. I'm trying hard to spark interest in people. People like you can help by posting here. We have a few that post regularly, but, need more posting.
Take a look at my new forum on VHS recorders, and, laser disc players. In awhile I will be showing pictures of my Player I just got this past Monday.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4386
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Cool ! early on this summer i found 2 still sealed new in box Panasonic VCR's aprox 10-12 years old for 5$ each

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2