Banned on ARF

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Banned on ARF Empty Banned on ARF

Post by easyrider8 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Just in case you guys are wondering why I am not posting there anymore. No warning and you are shut off, no PM's and unable to contact any members. Any ongoing transactions are cut off. It would have been nice to have some time to clean up loose ends. If anyone is waiting for a response to their PM's now you know why I am not responding. I have learned the hard way not to use PM's for transactions, now I use email.

Dave
easyrider8
easyrider8

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Banned on ARF Empty Re: Banned on ARF

Post by atwater10 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:25 am

Hey Dave ... I'd wondered where you were.

I just signed on here today ... Things getting too strict on the other side Neutral ... Life's to short to worry about the small stuff.

Chuck
atwater10
atwater10

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by fixinmyphono on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:13 am

What did you do to get cut off? just curious.. Question
fixinmyphono
fixinmyphono

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Sorry to hear that!

So it goes without getting into details, suffice to say, Rules are made and it behoves to follow.

They do have a new moderator that has at least notified me, and I have directed questions on rules and have gotten courteous response too.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:38 am

Welcome to the forums. I don't know the reason you were banned, but, I try to be fair here. The only banning we've had here so far is spammers...
The rules are basically the same as ARF, but, I try to be a little more lennient about it.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4455

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:49 pm

Been awhile since i been hear. Noticed there are two admin
now . Wild two.

Last edited by denver on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
denver
denver

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Bills the main Honcho (Admin) Here. I just assist in technical support.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Yes, but, I try to be a bit more lennient here. Rules are basically the same, but, I try to be fair with people. I have to do what Alan's wishes are there, and, do, but, here, I give at least a lttle leeway..
Thanks, Denver. You are appreciated here, and, thank you for joinning, Dave.

Bill Cahill
Dave, you might have a better chance of getting back in if you apologize to Alan for whatever you did...
I've found it works with me...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Never did like that site.
denver
denver

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:33 am

I still go there somewhat. It has a lot of good info and links there. But I do not feel welcome there by a few. I had almost quit posting there because a few of the members. One member there sent me a really nasty email. He basically twisted a single sentence I wrote into something else. He turned it into something I did not say and sent me a nasty email to me. He blamed me for all types of issues on the board and said I was the reason he was quitting. Then he went on a rant and started blasting off to his view. The very thing he accused me of is what he was doing back to me but very ugly. The guy never has quit and still posts nasty stuff at times. I see his name but I have listed him as a foe so I don't see his mess cheers .The funny thing he said was that I was the cause of all the issues there but I had not been a member but for a few weeks. I wouldn't even bring this up but it has always bothered me that this is allowed there. The whole time I have been here I have never been done like that and I have not seen that. The group here is great.

A lot of the members there that I feel like are great have come here as well. This site has a good flow so to speak. I am a easy going type of person. I enjoy cutting up and going on to a extent. I try to be more relaxed to keep my blood pressure down. I have bad problems with it and there have been times that the other site has shot it up. As far as what I want in a site this one is pretty much what I like. It has a good group here. One reason I go to the sites is to get a break. I worked on these old radios as a hobby about 20 years ago and got busy with life. I use to repair lots of them. I was even in a few magizines back then like popular electronics. I had hoped to knock off the rust so to speak and help out others. Hopefully I will be able to do that. Anyway I feel others peoples pain on the ARF, Its like a guard dog that bites you. Its still there and can help you out, but you don't trust it fully because you still remember being bitten by it. Hopefully I haven't gone over the line here but my whole point is that even though the arf does have some good it has issues. But this site is small and runs a lot better. It all seems like a family or club here.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:18 pm

To be perfectly fair, ARF has always endeavored to do the same thing. Actually, I have tried to lead this site in the same general direction as them, but, maybe a bit more relaxed.
Rules are pretty much the same.
We just have a great bunch of guys here.
Not to say they don't.
I wouldn't have been a member there all these years if I didn't think so...
But, let's not carry on any real discussions here about other sites. This can lead into hurt feelings, and, fighting.
Let's just enjoy what we have here.
ARF is a good site, also. I like a number of sites, including Video Karma, and the such.
I try to pick the most confortable sites with the least amount of troubles. Lately, several sites have been having their growing pains.
People are people, and, always will be.
Life has it's dissappointments, and, also its' pleasures.
Let's just enjoy what we have, and, share with others here, and, elsewhere.
Believe me, I truly do like ARF. It's got it's problems, and, so do we. So does VK.
Anybody you go to will have their problems. Some worse than others.
Thanks, guys, for all you do here. If it wasn't for you, this site wouldn't exist.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Sorry for your trouble, Willy. I have been considering "jumping ship" myself. There was a thread a couple of weeks ago on ARF that made fun of obese people in wheel chairs. Lots of yuks for three or four pages. Totally inappropriate, made me sick to my stomach. Where were the mods? Life is too short for crap like that......

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks Wildcat. I think Bill said it best when he said we have a bunch of good folks here. Also there are a lot of good ones there. This is great site. This site has really picked up since I have been here. I still go to ARF as well. I am not going to let just a few run me off and I also do not want to run any off. I can overlook the few and I also found out how to set up the foe button there cheers Anyway lets keep up the good thoughts here and keep it positive as well.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Very Happy
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Ok , removed coments . This topic will get some honest complaining , What are we supposed to say here ?

Last edited by Ken g on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:13 pm

I agree with Bill, please, enough of the complaints, this is non-productive for our forum goodwill. This is only my opinion. Berating Like forums, only drives away browsers.
If you need or have the urge to complain try your PM, or EMail instead.
BEEEE HAAAAPPPPY DOOOOON WOOOORRRY
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Okay, I'll admit it, I do love ARF. The site that bugs the heck out of me is NA. Geez, those guys can be brutal sometimes. I'll still go there if I need some advice, but beware of making a personal comment- you'll get slammed. Some of the people there, I won't name who, are also the same snotty people on ARF. I do use the resources sometimes for schematics, but I bought one of those DVD's with 15,000 schematics on eBay. With that and the "Schematic Locator program" I'm good.

Admittedly John is a LOT more conservative than Alan, and I can understand the frustration. However I made some "questionable" comments the other day and I just got my hand slapped and the comments removed. I got no problem with that, in fact I think he handled it very well.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:36 pm

No comment from me. If you want one pm me. Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts. lol!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:37 pm

Do you lie my new picture? Look like Frankenstein to you?
It's me six years ago....

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:27 pm

OK, I've gotta say this.

Frankly, it bothered me when I heard that Dave (easyrider), another good person, was banned at ARF.

Some of you may wonder why I stopped participating on ARF. Now, I am going to tell you why.

First of all, there was the time that someone there started giving me a hard time in a thread. I posted in return, defending myself.

Every one of the posts I made in that thread were deleted by two moderators. The other guy's posts were allowed to remain.

You think that's right? I don't! I have my own theories on that subject...but I'll keep them to myself.

But the straw that broke the camel's back was a thread written by my wife, describing her experiences at a radio auction. The gist of the thread is that a guy told her that he would not bid on an item she wanted (and, keep in mind, folks, she never asked him to do this, he volunteered on his own). Then he proceeded to bid on the item, and to win it.

A jackass on ARF accused Debbie of wrongdoing, as if she had asked him to not bid (and she did not do that)!

And, of course, the sheep who seem to enjoy following along with anyone who stirs up trouble, started lining up in support of the idiot.

Bill was a mod then. He deleted the entire thread at my request.

Do you think any disciplinary action was taken against this person who insulted my wife? NOOOO! Of course not! As far as I know this guy continues to post away merrily to this day. If anyone should have been banned from ARF, the guy who insulted my wife for no reason certainly should have been!

And now, folks, you know why Old Ron refuses to participate at that place.

If you like ARF, good luck to you. I have better things to do - and better places to spend my time.

Last edited by Ron Ramirez on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ron Ramirez
Ron Ramirez

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 pm

I really have to respectfully disagree with the "Be happy, don't worry" line of thought. I feel that it simply does not have any bearing on reality. Life is not always fair, and unpleasant and unfortunate events occur to all of us. Having a forum in which to express those concerns and discuss unpleasant events is sometimes beneficial.

There is a difference, again IMHO, between venting your spleen and just pure old wholesale crabbiness and griping constantly. Nobody needs or wants someone around who gripes all the time, about everything or about nothing.

Conversely, I feel that the attempts to encourage folks to "hold hands" and "can't we all just get along" will turn folks off, by being afraid to voice their opinions, and fearing that their comments my be viewed as "negative". I personally feel that as long as a comment is not obscene or does not contain religious, political, etc content, that any such comment should be just fine. I personally feel that ARF is getting a touch too sensitive, but that's just me. I enjoy the people on there, and ignore all the political posturing by moderators.

This country has a tradition of the encouragement of spirited debate. I personally find it enjoyable when the gloves come off once in awhile. As long as the moderators control it to avoid gunfire, I'm down for it.

All the best.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:01 pm

I shouldn't say this, but, I will just say this.
The new administrator at the other forums made a new rule that if anybody that is a member at that forum posts negative comments at any other forums, which I presume to include this one, they are subject to being moderated, possibly including being banned from there.

Ron, the same thing happenned to me as happenned to you, and, a number of my posts dissappeared.
Threads, threads, who's got the threads?

This is all I intend to say on the subjec. A warning, if you say much, you may be banned from that forum.
Second, thouggh I'm smart enough to know that things aren't always rosy, and, this is not Kum ba ya time, I want to try to keep this forums friendly. I know that we aren't always going to agree. I will alsays try to be fair about it, and, not be bossy. I won't tolerate name calling, threats, firewars, etc., but, I know we aren't always going to agree.....
Le's just try to be friends here, eh????
Believe me, Ron, I know how you feel.
Believe me, I just want us to help each-other as friends. No, we won't always agree. I understand that.
Thanks, guys.....
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by atwater10 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 pm

Glad you're here Bill ... I'm sure this board will keep you busy Wink
atwater10
atwater10

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:32 am

I try to stay positive, in most situations even though I may feel I may get the short end of the stick.

The old adage a soft answer turns away wrath has a lot of merit. Yes there are a lot of negative things in life, I see it every day in TV and Radio and It just makes me sick.

So I try to find other ways to be happy, and one of those things is belonging to a positive forum. There are tons of forums to be angry on. I avoid them. I intend on maintaining a positive attitude.

You are in control of your own attitude, let no one else be. Most of you don't know anything about my wife, She has had Polio by the age of 7 and is now over 65, She has severe medical problems, but She has always determined not to let circumstances control Her, and because of that alone, drew me to Her. We have been married over 36 years, and we both have serious medical problems to deal with, but Have always been able to see the silver lining in every cloud. So Yes I say without shame again BE Happy. cheers sunny lol!
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:42 am

Thank you, Cliff, for being a positive influence to us all here. You have surely proven your worth here to me. I hope you will always stay, and, show your positive attitude to influence us, and, show me how not to be negative about bad things.
You are certainly welcome here!!!!
rendeer cheers Basketball Very Happy
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down