My RCA Victor Victrola Model#711V2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My RCA Victor Victrola Model#711V2

Post by stipanovich on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:23 am

Hello everyone, I just baught this vintage RCA Victor Victrola Model#711V2 console and I am looking for any and all information about this unit. When I do a search on Google 95% of the search results are shopping sites. I am looking for information sites and can't seem to find any, please help me! Also I am having trouble uploading the pics for this post, how is that done ?
Dan Stipanovich

Last edited by stipanovich on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to add picture)

stipanovich

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: My RCA Victor Victrola Model#711V2

Post by Resistance is Futile on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:32 pm

Theres a link that was posted in ARF that should help:

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=93220
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 976
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorola man on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:44 pm

There's very little information on the web for the late 40's RCA consoles. Your radio is very similar to the 8V151 that I have. My has the RK-121C chassis and RS-123D amplifier, where as yours has the RK-117 chassis and RS-123 amplifier. Since yours has an earlier version amp, I would guess that it's a 1946 - 1947 year model (mine was made in '48). I looked through the Beitmans manuals & found no mention of your console, but Riders has a schematic and tuning instructions. You can download it free at http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/121/M0015121.htm

As far as posting a picture on the forum, create an account on Photobucket or other photo hosting site. Copy the direct link to the photo, click "image" icon and paste the link in the box & click "ok." If you want to make sure that it looks ok before you post it, then click "preview" button & you will be able to see your post with the picture inserted.
Dave
Motorola man

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorola man on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Here's a little more info for it
http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/rca_rk117_711v2.html
Dave
Motorola man

Back to top Go down

Post by stipanovich on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:40 am

Thank You very much ! The information from these replies was more information than I have found in the past 4 days. Now all I have to do is find someone to go over the unit and check everything out. I live near Youngstown,Ohio ( NE Ohio ) any suggestions on who I can take it to ?
Dan

stipanovich

Back to top Go down

RCA VICTROLA #711V2

Post by stipanovich on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks for all the advice and information. As we speak I took my unit in to have the tubes and resistors checked, it should be finished in a few days. My next question is about the cabinate, the outside is in good condition. There are some scrapes and scratches, should I go ahead and restore the cabinate or would it be worth more in it's original condition ? I plan on keeping this console and passing it on to my daughter. Hopefully she will keep it and continue to enjoy it. Also can anyone tell me what it might be worth ?
Thanks again for all the great advice,
Dan Stipanovich

stipanovich

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorola man on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:26 pm

If it only shows minor wear, I wouldn't do a refinish. It's a 64 year old radio, a few scratches gives it character in my opinion and most collectors would perfer to have the original finish intact. I would start off by giving it a good rub down with Howard's Restore-a-finish. It's great stuff, just wipes on and will bring a dull finish back to life. If it's not to your liking after that, then concider refinishing.
Consoles usually aren't worth much to most collectors, especially the later ones. In the late 50's through the 70's everyone had a console radio, so they are still very plentiful and they also take up a lot of space. The value will depend on several factors... condition, rarity and how much a buyer is willing to spend. An average market value for most consoles of that age, and in decent condition is only about $50.
Dave
Motorola man

Back to top Go down

Post by katfishers on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:04 pm

I have the original owners manual which explains things other than the schematics. If you would like a copy, drop me a note at katfishers@yahoo.com. I also have the unit and am considering letting it go. If you are interested/need parts, again let me know. It does work...

katfishers

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top