Interesting History Find

Go down

Interesting History Find Empty Interesting History Find

Post by N7ZAL on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:12 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/08/lost-civilization-discovered-in-sahara-desert/?test=faces
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Interesting History Find Empty Re: Interesting History Find

Post by willy3486 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:40 am

I wanted to be a archeologist when I was a kid. I love this stuff. I know where there is a couple of old Indian settlements. One of them I may be the only person alive that know about it and I will keep it that way. Too many around here where I live would go and dig up the place to make a quick buck. As far as the article goes the satellites are amazing these days. I talked to a guy almost ten years ago and he said at that time he knew someone at Oak Ridge and they were working with satellites there probably in the 80s to 90s. The satellites could zoom in on a car and get the license plate numbers. So you can imagine how good they are now.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:10 am

Yep, fascinating stuff and using modern technology it is even more interesting. I know of a few hidden cemeteries and some petroglyph sites, and like you, don't divulge them. Even like exploring ghost towns, although they are not very old.

Would like to go back in time to Rome, Greece, or Egypt....very interesting periods of history. Guess for now I'll just watch the History Channel . Smile
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:41 pm

History interests me, and, I see why you guys want to keep your secrets. But, I'd keep a hidden paper in a vault to be delivered to a trustworthy University, or group when you pass on..
In my small way I am much like you. I collect, restore, resurect antique phonographs, vintage televisions, radios, etc. I am saving what's left of America's heritage.
These things are an important link to our past.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4393
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down