New Ernie Kovacs DVD box set

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Ernie Kovacs DVD box set

Post by stromberg6 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Smile Hi All,
Just returned from a week at the beach, and a couple of miserable rainy days provided time to watch some of the 6-disc set of Ernie Kovacs shows from 1951 to 1962, the last show being aired after he died in January 1962. Laughed until my sides hurt, and it took a few cold 807's to kill the pain LOL. Funny stuff.
NOW, I need to find a nice RCA or Philco tandem-chassis B/W 21-incher to watch the old shows. Don't want to run the vintage color sets on B/W. Exclamation

stromberg6

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ernie Kovacs DVD box set

Post by willy3486 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:29 pm

I love the old shows even though I am not familiar with Kovacs. I remember the name though. Who was his wife? I seem to remember who she was and I think she may have been in its a mad mad world. Any those old shows are great. I just don't see a lot I want to watch anymore, I guess thats why I am on the internet. do have one question though, what is a cold 807s?

willy3486

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by stromberg6 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi willy3486: Edie Adams was his second wife and widow. You may remember her from the sexy Muriel Cigar commercials she did in the 60's and 70's. She was a star in her own right, with major success on Broadway, and was in the movie you mentioned, and more. Had degrees from Julliard and Columbia in voice and music. Smart AND beautiful.
A cold 807 refers to the shape of a beer bottle as compared to an 807 tube, at least I believe that's what it is. Think I'll pop one now!

stromberg6

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top