One Of My Other Pastimes..............

Go down

One Of My Other Pastimes.............. Empty One Of My Other Pastimes..............

Post by ve1arn on Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:13 am

Woodburning, or pyrography as it's also called.

Haven't done any for a while, but I'm starting to get the urge again.

You can see examples on my web page.

http://home.tallships.ca/bobc/burn.html
ve1arn
ve1arn

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

One Of My Other Pastimes.............. Empty Re: One Of My Other Pastimes..............

Post by VANT on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:51 pm

I know you posted this some time back but I just visited your woodburning site and I have to say you do great work! Wonderful works of art.
----Vant
VANT
VANT

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

One Of My Other Pastimes.............. Empty Re: One Of My Other Pastimes..............

Post by denver on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:29 pm

do any portraits ,nice job bob Very Happy
denver
denver

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jewel's old time radio's on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:58 pm

VERY NICE YOU ARE VERY GOOD AT IT.

jewel's old time radio's

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ve1arn on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:42 am

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm still an amateur at this stuff compared to some of the real art work I've seen.

If I can ever get my workshop back (it's a warehouse at the moment) I would like to try my hand at making some radio tubes on my wood lathe and then burning the tube ID and brands on them. Talk about engraved bases! Very Happy Maybe even some other radio parts. But that's later on down the road for now.

Cheers, Bob
ve1arn
ve1arn

Back to top Go down

Post by ve1arn on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:44 am

denver wrote:do any portraits ,nice job bob Very Happy

I've tried a couple of portraits, and quite frankly, I think I suck at it. Laughing I'll keep trying though, but I feel that portraits are not my strong points at the moment.

Cheers, Bob
ve1arn
ve1arn

Back to top Go down

Post by High Tension on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Long ago in a land far, far away called Indiana, I recall a grade school art teacher telling us a strange quirk of the mind that allowed us to better draw a face from a photo if we turned the photo up side down! It seems like he told us to draw it as we saw it, up side down. I DO recall that it worked for me! Now that I live downunder, I have to turn everything right side up! Laughing

High Tension

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:28 pm

High Tension wrote:Long ago in a land far, far away called Indiana, I recall a grade school art teacher telling us a strange quirk of the mind that allowed us to better draw a face from a photo if we turned the photo up side down! It seems like he told us to draw it as we saw it, up side down. I DO recall that it worked for me! Now that I live downunder, I have to turn everything right side up! Laughing

I heard something similar to that. I saw a show on forgers once and some would turn a signature up side down to copy it. Seems that it being upside down it would make you not add to it and make it exact.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down