NOS Capacitors from Electronic Supplier Closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NOS Capacitors from Electronic Supplier Closed

Post by W8WHO on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Last summer I picked up hundreds of nos caps from an auction of wholesale supplier.
My question is will I be able to use any for restoration repair.
All values includes Ceramic discs... Orange Drops... Mylar.. All Sprague and CDE.
Probably over 1000 plus.
Thanks all
PS I tried to add a picture of the total cabinet and drawers put just not computer smart to add a picture. Did sign up for servimg.com and have my image there put dont no how to get it on this message.
These capacitors were new in the late 1970's in their stock.
Thanks for helping on the image Cliff

Last edited by W8WHO on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:08 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Correct spelling and add info)
W8WHO

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: NOS Capacitors from Electronic Supplier Closed

Post by Resistance is Futile on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Go back bring up the picture you want to display, use your mouse right button click, a popup window will show, select properties, It will show a URL Address link, click and drag on the link text, then copy. come back and post again click on image then paste. click on image again and then review and see if it comes up.
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 976
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:12 pm

the only ones to be leary of are paper and electolytics.
those types need to be tested. The other types are usually no problem.
Most are very useable, ceramics usually don't go bad, orange drops are good replacements very reliable and same with mylars.
Boy what a good haul!
Resistance is Futile

Back to top Go down

Post by W8WHO on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Many Thanks on the info. There where no electrolytics and paper capacitors in the cabinets. But many orange drops , ceramics and Micas. I am happy with the deal. I paid $35 For the whole lot and cabinets.
Really enjoy the forum and all the topics. Sure I will have many more questions. Seems like a nice group.
W8WHO

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryRabbitt on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:23 pm

You stole those Smile For the $35, the cabinet alone was woth that.

Great find, those caps should be fine.

I have never seen a set of cabinet drawers like that, that hold in the parts opening sideways..... Shocked
GaryRabbitt

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KB8CWB on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:30 pm

W8WHO did very well on his find! I have finally gotten my stock built up to a good level but I won't even care to say how much I have invested. I am too impatient and hate to wait days or weeks for parts. I find then that I start one project and move on to another, and another as each one waits for parts. Got tired of that. Now it is the exception that I don't have something in stock and I am finally digging out of my pile. Very Happy Wasn't so bad years ago when we had the Allied, Lafayette, Olsons, and others where you could just pick something up when/as you needed it. Those days are long gone.... Crying or Very sad
KB8CWB

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:30 pm

Err, thats for lefties Suspect
Resistance is Futile

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:22 pm

I have to disagree with the others. None of those capacitors will work. In fact since they won't I will get rid of them for you so you won't have to. Seriously Like the others said just check the paper and electolytics. Years ago the first time I got into old radios I use to use the orange drops in a lot of old radios. Most of the orange drops I got from old TV chassis I had. I would pick up old TVs for a buck at yard sales then strip it bare. I also traded work on old tvs for old radios. A guy had a used store and I would check the TVs for him and he would save me all his old radios. they should be fine. As far as the deal goes you got a great one there. I am glad someone who works on radios got it instead of someone who would trash the parts to use the cabinets for bolts.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top